Thursday, April 22, 2010

Consequences Count

Welcome to my new Blog. I am an Average American or at least I think I am. Back in the mid-70s a cousin (thanks Randee) gave me a decoupage plaque containing a quote by 19th century English Philosopher Herbert Spencer. His quote has remained with me over the years and I am constantly reminded that it is undeniably true. Without consequences no one learns anything.

It seems the Obama Administration has yet to learn this lesson as the whole concept of the new proposed banking regulation is an attempt at preventing the consequences from errors in managing risk.

Be it business, government or ones personal life the following is always true.

The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools. - Herbert Spencer

1 comment: